Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How I welcomed 2011...

Sorry for writing so late guys... I know I should have written this post 2 days back! But never mind!!! I am back to share the story with all u people out there who care to read my blogs!!! It felt amazing  spending new  year's eve with a bunch of female friends, and I can say it was the best new year's celebration for me over last three years taken together.  We ordered food from outside, gyrated to numbers like sheila ki jawani, and munni badnaam hui and likes, burst crackers at midnight , in short had a gala gala time.


It was a beautiful night full of lights in the sky and sparks inside the house(hehe please don't take this sentence in the wrong sense guys) . What I meant was there was so much melodrama going inside... this space is not enough for me to give a complete description.


There were intensely sweet talks on the phone obviously with their respective guys, there were catfights( 3 cats vs. 1 human ie me) and over what....???


Any guesses....??????


Well!! It was over the color of the nail paint that i was putting on my nails. You may be thinking I must be insane decorating my nails on that particular day when I was supposed to be  having just plain fun!!!


Well Poor me!!! I was the only daisy duck left among three donald ducks(jus kidding), trying to do something feminine... (again kidding). I just meant that the other gals decided to drink and I just opted out of the option. I totally am aware that drinking is no longer a male bastion, and I am not averse to girls drinking either. But that was a personal choice for me to opt out of it.


But those donald ducks din't take to the color of my nail paint lightly...!!! and all sort of accusations were hurled at me..
From trying to be someone whom I am not... To using a wrong color... To trying to woo someone .... and the list goes on!! And  Can you imagine all three pouncing on me for this stupid reason.


But what they possibly didn't know was I can defend my turf!!! like a true champion!!!(no giggles here guys, i am sure I am one when it comes to standing up for things I believe in doing.) If they can change from non-drinkers to drinkers... then why cant I Put the wildest color possible in imagination on my nails...!!! Its totally my call... And even if I am trying to woo somebody... that's none of anyone's business.


Atleast I don't chicken out of situations where I need to accept what I do. If ever in future I decide to drink, I wont hide it ever from people except my parents(coz they won't understand).


After defending my point successfully!!! the good times resumed and we continued having fun till the wee hours of 1st of jan which was again spent very beautifully....!!!!:)

12 comments:

  1. Well Well ! i definitely think the new year started with a roller-coaster ride with loads of thrill and fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I really like the honest writing way of you. Nice and interesting stuff. All the best and a very happy new year
    http://animeshkmishra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you animesh...:) and a very happy new year to u too .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Satya here from Indiblogger meet. Your image is barely visible on your profile but that is the way for girl. But if I could recognize you clearly and map with the Indiblogger meet then I could have better connect to you! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you satya for visiting my blog:) Have a great time ahead with blogging and life:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good that you took a stand against those 3 girls to prove your point. We should have way with our own lives....interfering with something so trivial as nail paint was so immature on their part

    Such silly cat-fights among girls are common ...! Just have to ignore and carry on

    keep in touch partibha! Keep bloggin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautifully written blog pratibha... I like reading ur blogs... keep it up:) Such people should deserve this treatment only....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it is well drafted , totally descriptive and great fun to read..... It reminded me of Chetan's novel (how to relate with readers)... Good girl ..Wishing u all the success!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. read most of d stories on ur blog... pretty interestin. But what i felt is that if you were feelin so much out of world with your own friends ... you should nt have gone out wid them at d first place.No hard feelings but this is what i felt readin this story. May be you were not ONE AMOUNG THEM.

    ReplyDelete